Latestcasinofreespins.com is a responsible content website and we are committed to creating an enjoyable online casino in a safe environment for our valued players. We support responsible gambling and believe that the forefront of online gaming should be entertainment. Most online casino players gamble responsibly, enjoy their casino experience and spend money that they can afford – unfortunately, for certain gamers, gambling can become a problem. This page covers the various measures that we have in place to ensure that our users play responsibly, safely and most importantly, enjoy their overall experience.
Responsible Gaming Tips
Many know that online gaming is a form of gambling and like traditional gambling, in extreme cases, it can become a problem. Thus, it is important to follow the below tips to ensure you keep your gaming activity under control and it is practised in a responsible manner:
- Only gamble for fun and entertainment purposes – gambling should never become a source of stress or anxiety
- Be aware of the signs of problem gambling and addiction
- Educate yourself on the best prevention
- Set a max budget: decide how much you can afford to lose and how much you want to spend on gambling
- Treat the money you lose as an expense for entertainment (any winnings should be treated as a bonus)
- Never chase losses and stick to your limit
- Set a time limit and be disciplined enough to stick to it
- Once your set time limit has expired, be sure to stop playing – irrespective of whether you are winning or losing
Warning Signs of Gambling
As with every aspect in life, it is always good to be self-aware of what you’re doing and whether it is beneficial or detrimental to your lifestyle. Online gaming is of course, no different. In order to ensure that your gaming habits not verging on to addictive behaviour, ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I spending too much money on or gambling more than I can actually afford?
- Have I borrowed money or sold anything to gamble?
- Do I keep my gambling secret and lie to my friends and family?
- Am I trying to make up for previous gambling losses?
- Have I needed to gamble with larger amounts of money to get the same level of excitement?
- Do I gamble under the influence of alcohol or other substances?
- Have I ever gambled to escape worry, trouble or boredom?
- Has gambling caused me any health problems, including stress or anxiety?
- Has my gambling caused any financial problems for me or my family?
It’s good to understand that answering yes to any of the above questions may very well indicate that you have a compulsive gambling problem or signs of gambling addiction. If this is the case, then we strongly recommend that you are honest with yourself and seek the relevant support and advice listed below organizations.
Where to Find Help
If you think you need more information or help to treat a gambling issue, we suggest for you to visit the below websites which specialise in responsible gambling support as well as gambling addiction cures.
GambleAware is an independent and leading charity in the UK devoted to decreasing gambling-related harm. GambleAware’s main aim is to give support to people who fall victim of gambling addiction, whilst ensuring that those that do develop problems receive fast and effective treatment and necessary support. To find out more about how GambleAware can help you, click here.
GamCare offers confidential, unprejudiced and objective advice and support about a gambling problem. Our team is available from 8am to midnight every day of the year. Whether you are struggling with the effects of gambling issues of your own, or of one of your loved ones, we are here for you. For more information, click here.
Gambling Therapy’s active gambling support forums are available 24/7 and because people use their site from all over the world there’s virtually always someone on call to respond to your posts. Whether their service is used to journal about your own recovery from gambling problems, or perhaps about your loved ones, you know you have a good support system with this organisation. Click here to find out more about the services they offer.
Steps to Keep Yourself in Check
Staying in control of your habits isn’t always so easy, the below recommendations have been suggested as a means to keep gambling fun whilst keeping yourself in check. You may never need them, but you should use them if you feel the need to, or if you are noticing signs which are leading towards addictive behaviour.
Try to limit your deposits for a day, week or month, so you can cap the amount you put into your account. Every operator will have a feature to set specific limits or controls to help players keep their spending in control.
You can always take break from the game or – if needs be – even block your access. Take a set time away from the operator by setting a cool-off period between one and 30 days. The operators shouldn’t communicate to you with sign-up bonuses or free spins, that way you’re completely ‘cut off’ from the online gaming scene.
Once again, every operator needs to provide players with the choice to self-exclude themselves from gambling online. You can set different time limits – usually from at least one year or permanently. Gambling operators will suspend all marketing and emails to you for the duration of the exclusion period. It’s good to know, in the UK a self-exclusion system called GAMSTOP allows players to self-exclude from every UK licensed gambling site or bricks and mortar betting shop in one go.
Social media break
If you are going to cut yourself off, be sure to do so even on social media. Therefore it is a good idea to stop following gambling operator social media pages or casino bonus or sports tipster pages that encourage bonuses.
Gambling blocking software
When you feel you need something more to help limit tyour gambling – there are tools you can install on your computer or mobile devices to block access to gambling websites – check-out Betfilter (http://betfilter.com), Gamblock (http://www.gamblock.com/) or PlayScan (http://playscan.com/about-us/).
Protecting Children and Under 18s
We take being a responsible casino news website seriously, which is why we want to prevent anyone underage gambling or accessing an online gambling website – which is illegal.
Gambling operators have strict policies to adhere to. To ensure this, they identify age and identity by using KYC and Bank-ID processes. Companies are not allowed by law to advertise gambling in ways that might appeal to children or under 18s. However, we still ask that you take reasonable steps to prevent anyone under the legal age of gambling from accessing online gambling products or casino, sports betting and/or affiliate websites. So how can we protect children and individuals under the age of 18? Here are a few tips:
- Never glamourize gambling to anyone under the legal age or place bets for them.
- Do not leave under 18s unattended near your computer or mobile if you have gambling websites open on your desktop or mobile app.
- Never let anyone under 18 access your credit card or bank account details.
- Never use the ‘remember password’ option when accessing online gambling products.
- Use separate and secure profiles for everyone who uses a shared computer.
- Research child-protection software, such as Cyber patrol, Net Nanny or CYBERsitter to block gambling sites from minors accessing the internet.